Career and Profesional Experience
Marina cooperates as Of Counsel with TKL Abogados – Think Legal.
She began her career at the Litigation Department of the law firm Anguiano & Asociados, providing advice and bringing any kind of litigation proceedings, especially before Civil and Administrative Courts, within the framework of the Intellectual Property and E-commerce sector.
Later, in 1999, Marina joined Deloitte Abogados, as a member of its Litigation Department, specialising on legal pre-judicial and judicial advisory. She also practiced law on civil, corporate, administrative and criminal proceedings, as well as on any kind of arbitration proceedings.
In 2015, she founded her own law firm, MFS Legal, with which TKL Abogados – Think Legal has collaboration agreements.
In the civil and commercial field, Marina has wide and solid experience in providing pre-litigation advisory services to national and international companies, as well as in all kind of arbitration and court proceedings.
Regarding insolvency proceedings, Marina has advised bankrupt companies as well as significant creditors (exercising all kind of recovery actions). Furthermore, she has experience as a bankruptcy receiver in several insolvency proceedings brought before the Madrid Commercial Courts.
In the field of criminal law, Marina has extensive experience in economic offences (fraud, misappropriation, money laundering, tax offence, offence against the territory planning) and in industrial and intellectual property offences.
Marina holds a law degree from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, as well as a Master’s Degree in Legal Practice from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (1996-1998).
She teaches Civil and Corporate Law in the Master in Legal Practice at Centro Universitario Villanueva (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- “Análisis de la reforma sobre protección del consumidor”. (“Analysis of consumer protection reform”). Vlex. September 2005.
- “Comentario sobre el Dictamen 1/03 del TJCE”. (“Comments on ECJ Opinion 1/03”) Vlex. February 2006.
- “¿De quién es la clientela?”. (“Whose customers are they?”) Expansión. March 2008.
- “Hacia un sistema de mediación en asuntos civiles y mercantiles”. (“Towards a mediation system in civil and mercantile cases”) Expansión. October 2008.
- “¿Son desleales los trabajadores?”. (“Are employees unfair?”) Expansión. December 2010.
- “La «nueva reforma» de la Ley Concursal”. (“The “new amendment” to the Insolvency Law”.) Directors and Companies. April 2011
- “Concesionarios de automóviles, ¿distribuidores o agentes?”. (“Car dealers: Distributors or Agents?”) Expansión. May 2011
- “Foro online Legal Today sobre contratos de agencia, distribución y competencia desleal”. (“Legal Today’s Online Forum on agency contracts, distribution and unfair competition“). Legaltoday.com. May 2011
- “Nueva apuesta por el arbitraje”. (“New focus on arbitration”) Cinco Días. June 2011
- “Pacto sobre el tiempo como condición esencial del contrato y facturación por hitos” (Deal on time as an essential condition of the milestone contract and invoicing”). Práctica Contenciosa para Abogados 2014. Wolters Kluwers.
- “A vueltas sobre los contratos de permutas financieras de tipos de interés (Swap): Fijación de la cuantía, caducidad y extinción de la acción de nulidad y excusabilidad del error” (“Struggling with interest rate swap agreements: determining the amount, expiry date and termination of the invalidity action and error excusability”). Práctica Contenciosa para Abogados 2014. Wolters Kluwers
- “El procedimiento civil bancario: una visión crítica y diferente”. (“Banking litigation procedures: a different point of view”). Villanueva Juridical Yearbook. November 2014
Marina speaks and writes Spanish and English.